It’s our job to champion student life on campus.
Our mission is to help students make the most of their time at King’s. We do this in a number of ways, through a wealth of programs depending upon the student’s needs, 问题, 或利益.
的 Associate Vice President and Dean of Students work to facilitate a dialogue that promotes the development of students through the services and educational experiences offered. A primary component of the development of students is interaction that promotes the exploration of new ideas 和 examination of the individual student’s contribution to the community. 的 diversity of the College and local community in ideas, 信仰, 少数民族, 比赛, 性别, 信条, and sexual orientation is an asset in the dialogue that promotes the development of students.
的 Student Code of Conduct establishes norms of minimum behavior to enhance the educational and social environment for students. 的 Student Conduct System provides the opportunity for dialogue in the exploration of student behavior in the context of the community 和 opportunity for individual development. As an advocate for students who may feel unheard on campus, Associate Vice President enables them to have a voice in the College.
的 Dean of Students Office oversees several programs on campus.
- Experiencing the Arts program
- Multicultural and 国际 Student Programs
- Holy Cross Experience Course (HCE101)
- New Student Orientation
- Absence from class for personal or health-related reasons
- Off-campus student 问题
除了, Associate Vice President serves as the College Chief Student Conduct Officer (for further information, see the Student Code of Conduct 和 College Conduct Process in the 学生手册).
Students receive support and help when they need it most.
的 Dean of Students Office assists students when they must miss class due to a family emergency or the student’s own illness. If a student misses one day from class,y should notify their instructor. If a student must miss two or more consecutive times of the same class the Dean of Students Office will inform the student’s instructor of the absences. 的 student will then contact their instructor to make arrangement to make up any work for the class.
的 Dean of Students has several forms and publications that are available for students 和ir families.
- Confidential Reporting
- 的 学生手册 是可用的. Students are responsible for knowing and following all College policies in the 学生手册 and College Catalogue.
- 的 Alcohol and Drug brochure 是可用的 on the Dean of Students webpage and is provided to each student annually in August.
- 的 在校外 Guide for Students, 在校外 Guide for Parents 和 在校外 Information Form are available on the Dean of Students webpage. You may also want to read the separate section on 在校外 living on the web page.
- 的 FERPA/Student Records Privacy waiver, which students complete to indicate what information from your students records may be accessed. Students can complete or update their waiver on 自助服务.
- 的 Missing Student Confidential Contract Form is part of the College’s policy, required by federal law, can be assessed here. This form can be returned to the Dean of Students Office electronically or via US mail.
- 的 Parent/Guardian 联系 Form is for parents and guardian to complete so we have current contact information in case of an emergency. This form can be returned to us by US mail or electronically.
Associate Vice-President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Office of Student Affairs